GARDEN CITY TRACK RESULTS 2014
ULYSSES - BOYS 2nd GIRLS 1ST SIX TEAMS
MAIZE BOYS 2ND GIRLS 1ST TEN TEAMS
SALINA SOUTH - BOYS 1st GIRLS 1st TEN TEAMS
BUHLER - BOYS 2ND GIRLS 1ST FIFTEEN TEAMS
HUTCHINSON BOYS 4TH GIRLS 1ST THIRTEEN TEEAMS
GARDEN CITY BOYS 2ND GIRLS 1ST EIGHT TEAMS
DERBY BOYS 2ND GIRLS 1st 10 TEAMS
WAC BOYS 3RD GIRLS 1ST FIVE TEAMS 3rd WAC Championship in a row.
REGIONALS - BOYS 3RD GIRLS 1ST EIGHT TEAMS
New School Records – Kayla Doll 1600 Meters 5:05.9
Taryn Tempel Triple Jump 36’ 11.25”
4 X 800 Relay Girls Alex Miller, Aileen Gurrola, Katy Doll, & Kayla Doll 9:32.63
STATE - Girls – 4th - ½ point from 3rd Boys- 30th (32 Teams)
Dusty Tempel Long Jump 16th Place - ND
Jesus Reyes High Jump 13th place 5’10”
Pedro Dominguez High Jump 15th 5’8”
Zach Karlin High Jump 14th 5’10”
4 X 100 Relay – George Ross, Malcolm Howard, Dusty Tempel, & Ethan Yardley –
12th place 45.07
4 X 800 Relay – Connor Schultz, Erik Chaparro, Marcus Tula,, & Jesus Reyes, 14th 8:30.2
Taryn Tempel - Long Jump 6th 16’5” Triple Jump 7th 35’ 3” 400 – 10th :59.89
Kayla Doll - 800 Meters 3rd Place 2:18.93 1600 Meters – 4th 5:05.9
Katy Doll - High Jump – 8th
Alex Miller 1600 Meters 5th Place 5:14.4 3200 meters 6th Place 11:28.7
Aileen Gurrola - 400 Meters - 7th 1:01.3
4 X 400 Relay – 4th 4:04.91 Taryn Tempel, Taylor Linenberger, Kayla Doll, & Aileen Gurrola
4 X 800 Relay – 2nd Alex Miller, Katy Doll, Aileen Gurrola, & Kayla Doll 9:32.63
Dakota Brungardt – Pole Vault 10th 12’ 0”
Brian Rodriguez – Pole Vault -NH
Nick Jauche - Pole Vault – 8th 13’0”
Taylor Linenberger - Triple Jump 6th -35’7.75”
Jacob Norquest – Shot Put 14th – 41’9”
Malcolm Howard -Triple Jump 14th 42’4”
Kenzie Hannigan – Triple Jump 15th 33’4”
Chelsea Jackson – 3200 Meters – 12th 12:02.7
Kaylee Kipp – Shot Put 4th-38’7” Discus – 9th – 111’ 2”
Kaitlin Smith – Pole Vault 14th 8’6”
George Ross – 200 Meters - 15th 23.61
STATE - Girls 4th – Team Standings out of 32 Teams
2015 BUFFALO TRACK
“DON’T HOPE FOR IT WORK FOR IT”
Our track team will be successful this year and we can go to the next level if we prepare to be the best. Finish every practice and meet with total effort. I hope you will have an attitude that I will improve with each day. Your attitude will determine how much success you will have.
Physical preparation and a concern for your team success over individual glory are also factors. The coaches would hope that your individual goal is simply to improve each time you compete. If improvement occurs, your individual success will result in team success.
TALENT + DISCIPLINE = ABILITY
IF YOU COULD HAVE AND DIDN’T, YOU QUIT.
2015 BUFFALO TEAM RULES
Team rules are important to the success of any team. Without them, there is no unity or team spirit. Athletes must be committed to their team, coaches, school, community, family, and themselves. Any athlete who makes a commitment will learn one of the most important lessons learned from high school sports. Make a commitment to follow the rules and it will help make our team successful.
1. Don’t do anything that would embarrass yourself, the team, your school, your coaches or your family. (You know right from wrong)
2. Attendance at practice is required. Unexcused absences will be dealt with on an individual basis. Be ready to practice at 3:44 pm each day.
3. Do not be late. It is important to be on time for practices or meetings. (Please communicate with Coach Smith if you are going to be late or miss practice. My cell phone is 290-5937. Communication solves many problems!!
4. The use of tobacco, alcohol, or any other drug, except prescribed by a physician is prohibited.
5. Wear your team sweats to practice and meets, not down town, school, etc..
6. Keep up with your schoolwork. Get your work ahead of time when you have a meet. If you are failing two classes then you will be ineligible to compete in meets.
7. Everyone will ride the bus to and from meet unless excused by Coach Smith in advance. Be EARLY for the bus when leaving, we will NOT wait.
8. Look sharp at meets – Garden City hats only. Jewelry off. CELL PHONES WILL STAY ON THE BUS IF THEY BECOME A PROBLEM.
9. EVERYONE HELP CLEAN THE BUS!!!
10. NO SURPRISE RULE – WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN TROUBLE LET THE COACHING STAFF KNOW.